Last Call for Knitting

final pair of socks for 2020

It took me two months to finish this pair of socks, so I'm sure this will be the last pair knit in 2020. I did not attempt to match the socks, but was thrilled to see that they decided to be identical twins on their own. Yarn specifics can be found by clicking on the link above. 

I still have the Silver Lining Hat and a long neglected scarf on the needles, but I doubt either will be finished before the new year. 

Sunday morning, I snapped the photo of these socks atop a skiff of snow on the sidewalk. Winter cold has settled into the region, but not a lot of snow. Most of what has fallen has melted or blown into Nebraska. Snow this time of year is most beneficial in the mountains. The best snowfall is usually in the Spring (March and April) when the white stuff is heavy and full of moisture.


Comments

  1. Very pretty. They have a denim look to them. We have a winter storm dropping new snow on us today. Second storm in the past 10 days. But we needed some moisture desperately so it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect compliment to snow ...... SOCKS! They are beautiful.

    We got a very light dusting of snow over night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those really do match. That's serendipity!
    We are supposed to get up to 6" of snow overnight. That would be enough for x-country skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish and on the snow! It was interesting to hear you take on snow. We get so little of it here anymore that all it does is set off mass panic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blue socks, my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing that they turned out so identical without even trying! I'm working on Dennis's pullover and after 3 days have the body almost done. It's knit with Wool of the Andes worsted. I am enjoying it.
    We have a winter storm warning tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night with snow predicted every day through the weekend. Blech! Dennis works until Thursday and has New Years Day off. Please pray for his safety as he has quite a drive in to work these day. A lot further than our house was.
    Take care and be safe.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful shade of blue and amazing that they turned out identical! Lovely finish Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the color of the socks! Nice to have a new pair to wrap up the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful - I love the lighter pops of colour here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nancy such lovely socks. As the year closes, I am making a point of thanking each of my blog roll pals for their work . We share our hopes and our failures. We are vulnerable when we post . The community of crafters is so lovely. Your quilting and knitting is amazing. Thank you Nancy for all the work that a blog requires to be so inviting. I am grateful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.