Churndash

Churndash 
66 x 78 inches
Quilt of Valor #193

I received a package recently from Jo K. in Iowa and inside were two orphaned projects she received from another quilter (Kim). People send a lot of unwanted projects (finished and unfinished), fabric, and patterns to Jo to distribute to quilters or groups who will finish them or use them. 

Churndash was made from thirty, double churndash blocks. I squared all the blocks to one consistent size, added sashing and borders. This is the first time I've ever used striped fabric for sashing, and I like how it looks. 

I found address labels on the back of a couple of the blocks, so I am fairly certain the blocks were made by several people for a block swap. 

Jo, thank you for sending the orphan blocks and for making this QOV possible. 

Update — November 2021

presented in Idaho
November 2021

Comments

  1. What a pretty quilt and I love the striped fabric - really makes the whole thing POP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the stripped fabric and especially the four corners:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice to use the stripes to pull it all together! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double churn dash - a fabulous block. And I absolutely LOVE that stripe you put into the sashing! It's a beauty. And just think how thrilled the block makers would be to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The striped border looks like a picket fence around the squares. Very pretty.

    It must be hard to pick up someone else's work though. Their way of sewing could be different from yours. Or does that not matter much with sewing as it would with knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the stripe is perfect!! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You chose the perfect fabric to join it all together. That stripe is the bees knees!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Those stripes are very clever. I really like how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the striped fabric on the sashing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.