Knitting a Silver Lining

beginning of a scrap sock yarn hat
December 2020

It's time to focus on reducing the scrap, sock yarn in my stash. I didn't think I'd been knitting that many socks, but the small balls of yarn are beginning to fill the plastic zip bag. I'm alternating yarn (using the helical stripe method) and using a pattern I saved several years ago. 

It will be a very warm hat because it's actually two hats in one. The pattern is Silver Lining Hat by Kirsten Hipsky. Right now, it doesn't look like much and doesn't look like it will fit an adult head, but my gauge is spot-on, so hopefully, it will stretch. 


Comments

  1. That will be a pretty hat. Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern - looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reddish yarn is sure pretty. It will make a lovely hat. And your little mesh bags are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use up your sock scraps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun colors! I have scrap yarn hat that I doubled up and it's the best thing ever on a cold and windy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun yarn colors together. I have an entire shopping bag FULL of sock yarn. I want to get back to work on my cozy memories blanket but I have always got something going that's on a deadline. I just told Dennis last week that I'm going to get it out after the new year and start working on it again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting top down pattern. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great hat in progress! Good idea to use up small balls of yarn:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it looks so fun and so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great color combination--looks like a very good knit! It will be fun to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.