American Pride II

American Pride II
59 x 66 inches
Quilt of Valor #194

American Pride II is the twenty-third Quilt of Valor made in 2020: that's one short of my goal of completing two QOV every month. It may be possible to make one more this month, but honestly, I'm a bit weary of working with red, white, and blue fabrics. 

The flag panel in the center of this quilt came from Jean F. in her generous donation. I've used a lot of Jean's fabric, panels, and patterns since July. Thank you, Jean for making another QOV possible. 

I adapted a Villa Rosa design (Pride) for this quilt. The flag panel I used was not as large as the one in the original pattern, so I widen the blue strips at the top and bottom of the quilt. I also widened all of the side strips to meet the QOV width requirements. 


Comments

  1. What a great way to use this panel! Fantastic finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twenty three quilts is definitely something to be VERY proud of. You deserve a little break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stars on this one...kind of tilted. I don't blame you for being tired of working with red, white & blue. 23 quilts is a lot Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the simplicity of this quilt. The few stars don't distract the eye from the flag. Great design adaptations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful QOV. Your additions look like they were design that way to begin with. I have to say I make many fewer r,w,blue quilts than you but I too get tired of the colors. Time to make something in radical and wild colors! Have a happy and safe Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing quilt.
    I would struggle with a limited palette like that. I think you can give yourself permission to vary your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many gorgeous quilts! I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I would tire too of the same colorway all the time. IT is OK. My friend, when he was awarded his, was all blues because he loves fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, that is amazing. Twenty-three quilts going to lucky veterans because of your love and care for them. That is a great feat. I am in awe of you. Well done.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, you do so well with your QOV. I hadn't realised you had stitched so many this year, or that you had set yourself a goal of 24.
    Time to put your feet up and enjoy a little down ti e over Christmas, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I think 23 is a very good number!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I know you 24 will be in the works soon...nice quilt as always!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.