Using Scraps

using scraps to add borders to remaining
pieces of the Blackbird Village panels
September 2018
It didn't take long to whip by the backings for the two Quilts of Valor, so I focused on preparing a back for Blackbird Village, another quilt top finished in June.

Two pieces of the original panel were not used on the front of the quilt, so I framed them with scraps to use on the backing.

two panel pieces framed with scraps
September 2018
This strip made from remaining panel pieces and scraps was created to add length to the backing fabric.


Comments

  1. Blackbird Village is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The panel pieces are a great addition to the backing. I like seeing a surprise on the back. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so clever! And...it's going to look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! The colors in the scraps are so complimentary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Colors there Nancy. A teacher I know had a student throw a desk yesterday......I am not pleased.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are back in the groove! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I really like that quilt. It’s great to see you back in the sewing room. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really humming along there -- making up for lost time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your MOJO is BACK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried it myself, but I love when there's a little secret on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful-this quilt is stunning so it needs to move to the quilting stage to near completion! I love an interesting back even though I don't always take the time to make one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.