Learning Curve

Little Library
on the corner of S. 5th and E. Garfield Streets
Laramie, WY
August 2018
I'm learning which streets to use to avoid university traffic and which streets have stop lights for easier turning. I've discovered which grocery stores have inflated prices and which ones have good produce. Laramie has a multitude of restaurants and is woefully lacking variety stores. It appears that Walmart is the only store in town that sells household goods.

I've managed to find a dentist, an optometrist, a primary care doctor, and a hair stylist. I've registered to vote and obtained a recycling bin. My "To Do List" is getting smaller.

The little library pictured above was not registered on the Free Little Library website, but it was packed with books. I saw it out of the corner of my eye as I was looking for another address.


Comments

  1. The only store I have is a very tiny Walmart unless I want to drive about 40 minutes in either direction. Amazon has become my best friend. My mail people hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seems to be multitude of those little libraries in Laramie. I think that is wonderful. It sounds as though you’re settling in quite well. It’s a huge task to relocate isn’t it? Finding all of the new necessary places to shop, doctors and other necessities isn’t as easy as it sounds. I remember that from when we moved across the country.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're becoming a local. Glad it is all coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting re-established is hard but think you have done a great job quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soon you will be all settled in, glad you found Doctors and Dentists:) You will have to go visit your sister for shopping fixes:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you'll be well supplied with books this winter. LOL

    Many of the LFLs that I have found aren't registered. I think of them as EXTRA-special surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing so well!!! Is there a local yarn shop????? Have you found a nursery or garden center? Have you established when themail arrives in your day now? What is your best view? Sunrise or sunset?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are settling in so well. Yay for shortened lists!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing a great job acclimating yourself to the new area. I'm always happy if I can find a hairdresser in one or two tries. I never settled on one in Richmond area. How's the library in your new location?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you are getting settled. When I was in my 20s, I lived in four different cities in three states. It was fun learning about all those new places. Sometimes I feel like I'd like the adventure of moving again -- but I have such a good life here that I doubt I'd actually move.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember all those requirements when we moved-you are making good progress! And you aren't stressed, are you? The reading libraries will help keep you calm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are making great progress. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so admire your great acclimation to a new surrounding.You seem so self reliant and brave. Kuddos to you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.