Here's the Scoop

antique ice cream scoop collection
September 2018
The owner of Grand Villa hosts an ice cream social every year for the tenants. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to meet some of my new "neighbors." A tenant directory (each person had to sign a waiver to be included in the booklet) was distributed.


I spoke to the owner briefly as I examined the scoops. He told me he used to collect Civil War pistols until they became too expensive, so he switched to a more affordable hobby of collecting antique ice cream scoops/dippers. He brought about half of his collection to display at the ice cream social.


The variety of designs was interesting. 




Comments

  1. How cool is that! I think it was a great way for you to meet others and to enjoy a nice after ice cream social!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never would I ever have imagined so many different types!
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and what a good way to meet your neighbors. I’ve never seen scoops like the ones that are cone shaped. All of the different designs would have been interesting to look at.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thing to do and look at all the different kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now I want ice cream and i cannot have it. Dang. I have one scoop here. I had two and donated one to zach

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice way to meet neighbors and have a little fun. I'm sure those antique scoopers were a great conversation starter too. Some very interesting looking ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection of scoops! Hope you have nice neighbors:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so charming! I hope you got the 'scoop' on all your neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so "cool"!!!! (LOL --- See what I did there???) Sorry --- the rain must be making my mind soggy.

    That's a neat way to make a collection though .... find something affordable and have at it. He could scoop a LOT of ice cream for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A ton of scoops! I had never seen the pointy cone shaped ones before. Nice way to meet your neighbors. And have a tasty treat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a variety of scoops. They really look different and some seem really old. Did he mention how old the oldest one is?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.