Forty-seven Days!

listed August 9, 2018
Riverton, WY
Today, I am back in Riverton for the closing on the sale of my house. I walked out the door for the last time on Thursday, August 9, 2018. The "For Sale" sign was placed in the yard as the movers were loading the truck with my possessions.

I didn't anticipate that the house would sell so quickly - just 47 days from listing to closing.

As Fall approached, I was making arrangements to winterize the sprinklers and possibly the house. I'm relieved that winterizing, fall cleanup and snow removal are no longer on my "To Do" list.

The couple who bought the house saw it last Sunday (September 16, 2018) and made a cash offer on Monday, September 17th. I countered on Tuesday, and they accepted my offer.
Winter
January 2017
I'll miss the house and the neighbors, but not the snow shoveling!

While I'm here, I plan to visit with friends and tie up some loose ends: utilities, banking, etc.


Comments

  1. That's great that it sold so quickly! It must have been a little bittersweet when you walked out for the last time. But your new place sounds pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Selling a home is so bittersweet. You're happy to be rid of it but it's hard leaving all those memories behind,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure there are things you will miss but I think you made a very wise decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That was FAST. Congratulations! When the bittersweet memories come to the surface...remember the snowy days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Houses are selling so fast here, too...glad it went quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful news and a great closing chapter for Riverton.
    What a great weight off your mind now, too. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It's nice when things go even better than planned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Enjoy visiting friends while there. What a relief that you can put the responsibility behind you. When we moved last, we also sold it in the fall - just as I started to worry about winterizing too. It took 6 months to sell our house, at a bit of a loss. But since our little town was shrinking rapidly we were just glad to sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That was fast. I don’t blame you about being glad to be done with snow removal yourself. It’s a beautiful house.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy that's a whirlwind but a good one. Yeah for no more shoveling for you!!!! Our house was listed and an offer accepted 3 weeks later. Then another 4 weeks to closing etc. It was hectic. Very hectic. But life in the woods here is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad it sold quickly for you. We sold our vacation condo in July and while I’ll miss some things, I’m happy not to have to worry about two places any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah for selling before Fall work! I am thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. W0w congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy for you Nancy! Now you can enjoy your transition even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news Nancy!! That was fast! I'm so happy for you. Sending prayers and happy thoughts to you during these big life changes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so fast! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.