What a Deal!

Rainbow Sherbet socks
July 2017
I enjoy browsing and shopping in thrift shops. A couple of weeks ago, I found a full skein of Berroco Sox yarn in the local shop for the bargain price of $1 - a great deal as it normally sells for $10+.

The colors in the skein are a bit funky, but they remind me of rainbow sherbet. The official name for the color way is "Sprinkles."

This yarn is a bit stiff to knit because it contains more nylon than normal - 25%, so I anticipate that the additional nylon will allow these socks to withstand a lot of wear and laundering.

a matching pair
Pattern: my standard ribbed cuff "recipe"

Needles: US size 2

just a few "sprinkles" in the yellow section
Yarn:  Berroco Sox (color 1411 - Sprinkles)
           75% superwash wool, 25% nylon

Have you found any great deals recently?


Comments

  1. Nice find!!!! I love a good thrift store find like this-beautiful pair of socks already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! I wish the thrift stores near me had that kind of stuff...once in awhile fabric, but I've never found yarn. The socks are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your socks and how they match and sherbet should have been its name:)

    ReplyDelete

  4. ohhhhh you really found gorgeous colors love the socks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I don't know that anyone will come across a better deal than that one! I like the socks - the colors are different, but happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a bargain for sure! And they knitted up quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find! The worked into very nice socks. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute socks!
      I am trying to avoid all yarn purchases. I could open a yarn store at my house.

      Delete
  8. That was a great deal! I think the colors look a bit like fall. I never manage to find yarn at my thrift store. I don't know if there are just a lot of knitters here or people around here don't get rid of yarn. Love your socks.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a GREAT deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a super deal! I like them as sherbet socks even more than sprinkles, though that works for me too, in an Easter decoration kind of way hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a great deal! I have been staying away from the sales this summer, I need to have a sale of my own:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.