Star Struck

Star Struck
Quilt of Valor
63 x 81 inches
Star Struck (the Quilt of Valor Mystery QAL - A6) was finished over the weekend. I loved and appreciated working with the large pieces/blocks for the weeks my knee was somewhat achy and tender. Working the foot pedal of my sewing machine was excellent rehab.

This pattern has a lot of possible adaptations - pinwheels in the center of the big stars, star points one color and the centers another color, and maybe a couple of smaller stars in the large white areas.

Thanks, Alycia for hosting this Quilt of Valor Mystery.

Star Struck is #119 on my QOV roster.


Comments

  1. Really nice finish! And you are right about the possibilities for variations on this design. I especially like those diagonals as a surprise element.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH double goodness. A beautiful quilt and rehab work at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Star Struck is a perfect name for it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the drama of those big one color stars. I think this is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful. I love the big stars and the rehab was a definite plus.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh excellent design. Great color choices. I must pop over to Alycia's blog and give her some kudos too. And I suppose I should keep a copy of her directions so I can make one too some time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! All those triangles are so impressively done! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having sewing be good rehab is a double win. Beautiful quilt.
    I just bought a walking foot this morning. Pricey! I have to finish basting a baby quilt and then I'll stitch in the ditch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very dramatic and fun! Nice that it provided good rehab for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your knee is feeling better. The quilt is bold and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yours turned out so great!! Thanks for linking up - 119 - that is quite impressive!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your A6 is beautiful. I like the way you hang to display for photos. I will have to figure something like that out, because using my tall child is not as efficient - but it works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.