Here, There, and Back

sign made from old fence pickets
July 2017
Two summers ago, I had the privacy fence around my yard replaced. I saved some of the better pickets and took them to Brenda (my niece) for her painting projects. I thought she might want to turn the weathered pickets into snowmen or some other decoration.

When Brenda came to visit recently, she gave the "Freedom" sign, painted using two fence pickets, to me. I think it's fantastic that the pickets that served me well for over 20 years and that I took to Denver have come back home. They were here, there, and back.

Thanks Brenda - I love the sign!


Comments

  1. Very clever and it really turned out nicely. Where are you going to put it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a awesome and I know that you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful sign. She does really nice work, and since the wood came from your yard it's extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful sign! How nice that they were yours and are now back again, decorated very appropriately for you if I may say so. Perfect!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful!! Especially with the comnnections to make it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the wood has a second life for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I love that so much. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She does work magic with your 'old' wood! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to recycle and have a memory and wonderful art! All 3! WOw

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sign. I wouldn't have thought of leaving some of it natural, and that is exactly what makes it so special. I need to write that idea down for later use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. Very creative, and I like the fact that she left some of the wood natural. Brenda has a great eye for design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brenda did a beautiful job on the pickets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.