Veggetti - a review

 Zucchini "noodles"
I've debated purchasing a Veggetti for over a year, but when Kmart had one at a reduced price ($11), I bought it. Veggetti has quickly become an indispensable kitchen gadget, as it makes either thick or thin noodles. The photo above shows the thick option.

Zucchini "noodles" are now a favorite snack either raw or tossed with a bit of Walden Farms (no calorie) Sesame Ginger dressing, which gives the noodles a slightly oriental taste similar to stir fry.

The instruction/cookbook that was in the package suggests using zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, carrots, and potatoes. I tried an English cucumber (it was more watery), but I didn't like it as well as zucchini. I doubt that I will ever use the device for potatoes; however, it looks like it making hash brownies would be pretty easy.


The Veggetti is extremely easy to use and doesn't create a mess. Clean-up is easy, too. It is top-rack dishwasher safe, but I usually just rinse it under running water after using.

Have you tried the Veggetti? Did you like it?

Note: I did not receive any compensation for this review: I am just a satisfied consumer. 


Comments

  1. I have not seen that before. I'll have to check and see if our W*lm*rt as it. The noodles look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow missed hearing about this kitchen gadget. It looks like it does a pretty good job of making veggie noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zucchini noodles and a bit of dressing sound like a REALLY good, low-cal snack.

    I'll have to see if I can find one of those on sale. We don't have K-Mart around here anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not tried it but you can bet I will! I have been doing the vegetarian thing and watch for kitchen helpers to prepare veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of this kitchen device. Looks pretty handy for tasty salads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have had my eye on this since it first came out. But i have ask myaelf several times if it was worth the price or not. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must admit I've never even heard about this product. I see the advantage of the "noodles" but the only vegetable I would enjoy would be the zucchini. Oh, and the carrots too. I doubt I would ever buy it. Glad you are finding it worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried that gizmo! How fun Nancy. I did try Trader Joes frozen grilled zucchini but it was a bit greasy. Not too diet friendly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of it but it looks interesting. I would probably use it with carrots:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter gave me a similar gadget - different brand. I've used it a couple of times and do like my Zoodles. My husband wouldn't try them however. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks cool! I've always wanted to make cucumber noodles. Sesame oil and soy sauce and white pepper oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been toying with this idea for some time too. I just don't want to buy another gadget and I keep wondering if I would use it enough. The other question I have is...do you think it will remain sharp for very long? You know how sometimes you buy something and after a couple of uses it seems to go blunt and becomes a real struggle. I'll be interested to know how you find it after a few months of use. Thanks for your review. It helps

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.