Brickless Scarf


Brickless scarf after three pattern repeats
February 2016

I joined the Lander Knitting Social group on Friday evening to begin knitting the Brickless scarf. I've admired the scarf/shawl that my friends have knit and decided to join in the fun.

Pattern:  Brickless by Martina Beham (Ravelry link)

Yarn:
    Lorna's Laces - Shepherd Sock (#510 Pullman) 435 yards

Needles:
    Knit Picks interchangeable - US size 6

The pattern is written for worsted weight yarn on size 6 needles, so I started knitting on US size 4, but since my knitting tension is fairly tight, I frogged and recast on with US size 6. I like the feel and results a lot better. I hope the scarf/shawl is forgiving when it is blocked because some sections are kind of wavy.


Comments

  1. I love the design of this scarf! I can imagine the larger needle size gives it a nice drape, which is more appropriate for this type of scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! That pattern is on my to-do list also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pattern and isn't LLaces yarn just the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brick less is such a winner. Enjoy knitting it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - but I don't know what Brickless means. Is it a secret code? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, you made the right choice to go to size 6 needles; it looks great. The blocking takes out the wavy stuff; it stretches and reveals all the stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just favorited this after seeing/reading your post. Love it. The texture is marvelous and I love the colorway you've chosen. For a few scarves/shawls like this, I've done the same thing and gone from a recommended US4 to US6. I won't even mess around now, after reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is going to be beautiful and I bet it relaxed a lot when washed and blocked:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.