Foreign Friday

Traditional Thai dancer
Bangkok, Thailand
December 1979
My tour group enjoyed an evening of authentic Thai food and entertainment when we were in Bangkok. I apologize that the photos are a bit fuzzy, but I wanted to share the exquisite traditional dress that the dancers wore - such vibrant colors. The fingertips that she is wearing are not clearly seen in this photo, but they looked like the ones that I found here.
Traditional Thai dancer
Bangkok, Thailand
December 1979
Traditional Thai dancers
Bangkok, Thailand
December 1979
Earlier posts of Thailand can be seen here.

Comments

  1. I would love the chance to see Thai dancers. It's one of those places I really want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costumes are very elaborate and probably added to the drama of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful headdress. I made the photo bigger and you could clearly see the fancy nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that would have been so neat to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. The fingertips photo link was amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah this brings back memories. I have seen these dances, but as a child here in the States my mother used to send me to Thai Temple and there we were taught and we would practice and perform. I remember we once did a performance at the Airport at the unveiling of Service to Thailand for an airline. Funny, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look surreal to me. like dolls.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful dancers even with those nails. I have heard that Thailand is a very beautiful country:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Their costumes are so exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.