Springtime Activity

Alpine Shire socks
June 2021

I managed to do a bit of knitting over the last days - finishing one sock and nearly through the cuff on the second sock. The Alpine Shire color way makes me smile as I knit. 

preparing to plant
June 2021

Besides knitting, I planted a few flowers by the front door, swept and hosed the dregs of winter out of the garage, cleaned the patios and took the furniture out of storage, The weather has been wonderful, and the warmth is definitely welcome. I sat outside soaking up some natural vitamin D while knitting a few rows on the second sock. 

On Thursday, I joined three friends for a lengthy lunch and visit at Applebees. 

U-haul trucks and trailers are common sights in my neighborhood as university students move home for the summer. Traffic is down considerably around town, and the slower pace of summer is settling on the community. 


Comments

  1. You are all set for summer! Yeah for a in person and lunch with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad summer has finally reached you! Love the color of you socks - fun. What a joy to have a visit with folks in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun pair of socks this is going to be! Sounds like you've been busy and out connecting with friends in person after this crazy couple of years. We love spring and summer here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A slower pace sounds like a wonderful thing. Summer is here and the living is easy. :-)

    The sock looks great. You'll be done in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty socks
    It's hot a blazes here - like July hot and humid hot. It shouldn't be like this in early June! I hope the weather cools a bit by the weekend, I've got a lot of work at the new house to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sitting outside, knitting, stitching, sipping on a coffee. Sounds like you have your outside area "good to go".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little garden corner!! Perfect. I love your socks too. Slowing down is such a treat isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ll bet you enjoyed that lunch with friends. I did the same today when I drove a friend to her orthopedic appointment. We soaked up Vitamin D too, as we lunched on the patio of a restaurant along the river in downtown Sioux Falls. Felt like a normal life again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it nice to shift gears into summer?! Our traffic lessens greatly because all the snowbirds head north! lol Pretty place to plant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy! The sock looks great! That is such a pretty colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy colors in that sock. You're on the homeward stretch on that pair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.