Bonus Stars

 12.5 inch star blocks
June 2021

After trimming the bonus HSTs from Diamonds in the Rough, I paired them with 6.5 inch squares to make stars for a Quilt of Valor. The bonus HSTs will make 12 star blocks. 

I started sewing these during Sunday's FaceTime call and had to switch sewing machines because the machine I had repaired last month began acting up again. It sewed perfectly for numerous hours as I worked on Diamonds in the Rough, and then suddenly on Sunday, it quit pulling fabric through the feed dogs again. I tried everything I could think of to remedy the problem: turning the machine off, changing the needle, changing the bobbin, cleaning out the dust bunnies under the feed dogs, changing the spool of thread, but nothing worked. This issue is frustrating because it didn’t act up in the repair shop; hopefully this time it will. 


Comments

  1. Now that is a real pain! Hope it can be fixed without too much outlay of quilting money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many times that happens and it is so frustrating that it won't act up when those who could help try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making great progress on using scraps! sorry about your machine acting up. It's frustrating...kind of like a car making a funny noice and then refusing to make it when you take it to the mechanic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with star blocks. What a great bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So frustrating. Hope they can figure out what is wrong with your machine. :-(

    The stars are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh rats. I’m sorry your machine is giving you grief. But look at those wonderful stars. You do a great job of controlling your scraps — at least you seem to to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lot of stars. I'm no good with bonus triangles, just bin them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy I admire you for all your Quilts of Valor. I never really thought about a machine breaking. YOu can tell I am not one who sews. I hope they fix it free of charge! Love the starts btw

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stars. Isn't that the way with most mechanical things? They never act up in the repair shop and then start again at home. It's so frustrating. I hope you can get it taken care of soon and for no charge.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blocks! Time to trade in that machine and get a new one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.