Making Kits

fabric and pattern selection for a Quilt of Valor
March 2021

On Thursday, Friday and Saturday, I pulled and cut fabric for two Quilts of Valor. One will be made with a "new" pattern and one from a pattern I used previously.   

fat quarter selection for a Quilt of Valor
March 2021

While technically not Fat Quarters (FQ), these fabrics are too small to use by themselves. The pattern requires fifteen FQs, and as luck would have it, I had fifteen small pieces of fabric in my stash. 

All the fabrics have been cut to the patterns' specifications, and all I need to do is find time to sew. 


Comments

  1. These will be a fun way to wait for the snow to melt! lol Very nice job to get these going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, nice that you have something to occupy you while being snowed in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great assortment of fabric there! It's going to be fun watching them progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Nancy! I think making kits is such a good idea...then it is just finding time to sit down and do the sewing. Pretty fabric and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of hard work all done and the results will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like some exciting QOV coming soon! I like the look of that little corner we see peeking around the fabric. Putting together a kit for a new project always gives me a thrill, even if I can't start sewing it right away. I know it's there just waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric and pattern looks great, I'm sure you will enjoy stitching these two new quilt tops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much snow did you end up with in total? What an amazing storm to roll through. I hope it's beautiful spring weather when I have to make the drive cross country in April.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm tired of snow Nancy. You make such lovely quilts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kits make so much sense. Everything cut and ready to go. I might to do that for one of the quilts I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colors look great grouped together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.