Seeing the Light of Day

long abandoned project sees the light of day
November 2020
The shadows may be long in the photo above, but obviously the years the project has been tucked in a basket have been even longer: an earlier blog post reveals that I started this project in 2017. 

I was afraid that I wouldn't know where I left off, but I discovered a sticky note on the pattern, telling me where I stopped. With that information, it was fairly easy to pick up the project (Half Circle Pi Shawl) and continue knitting. Because of the number of stitches on the needles, it's slow going: I can complete two rows in a little under an hour.  It's my goal to finish knitting the shawl by the end of the year. 



Comments

  1. It is a beautiful pattern and yarn--good job on this resurrection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! I have some projects older than that (stitching...not knitting). What pattern is it? I've never made a Pi Shawl (or half Pi either).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are pretty well organized to have left yourself that note. I am anxious now to see how this shawl looks completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Nancy! I wish I would think to put a sticky note on my projects. I always think I'll remember where I left off, but do I? Nope. Nope. Nope. Then I usually have to rip it back to a point that looks familiar.
    I can't wait to see it finished. The yarn looks beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that with my sock knitting so I know where I am! I need to leave notes for myself on crochet hook sizes too but don't.
    Raining here today after that horrid wind yesterday:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just threw away a project I started a few years ago that was in time out that wasn't doing it for me. I tried to unravel it but it wouldn't cooperate so out it went. Life is too short to fight with yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, in a dark color too! You are brave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Boring, dark colors....you are brave. Thank goodnesss for post it notes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those long rows do make a project last, don't they! It's going to be a lovely shawl. I'm so glad you've picked it up again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.