Prepped and Pinned

presentation cases ready to sew
November 2020

Monday, I tidied the sewing room and stash closet. While organizing fabric, I found some larger scraps perfect for presentation cases and the coordinating cuffs. I cut and pressed the fabrics and prepared them for sewing. I use the "burrito" or "sausage" technique to make cases that have no exposed seams. 

Here's a video that shows the complete process. 


The cases are finished and ready to donate. At first, it's a little confusing on how sewing the fabrics into a tube can turn into a pillowcase, but it really does if the directions are followed: you just have to trust the pattern. 

twelve QOV presentation cases




Comments

  1. Learning that sausage method for pillowcases has been one of the BEST lessons I've learned over the years. It's so slick!! Those are beautiful pillowcases. I got a request on Saturday from daughter #1 to find Harry Potter fabric for pillowcases to be sent to her cousin's kids in Australia. So I had to go online and shop. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fabrics you have. What a neat method for making a case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours are beautiful! That’s the same way I make mine. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful. How nice to include a case for the quilts. I hadn't thought about that.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the cases Nancy. I get to SEE the whole thing at once

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I never knew of this kind of project for QOV! I sew them the same way-beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man you whipped out a lot of cases. A couple of months ago I made a batch from precut kits for one of the guilds I belong to. It sure seemed to take forever. Plus I switched out some of the fabrics because I just didn’t like it with the other pieces. Oops - I make them with a little flange between the cuff and the case. It doesn’t add much work but gets pinned in when cuff and case are put together. Good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.