Off the Needles - Half Pi Shawl

lace design visible when back lit
November 2020

Once I set a goal to finish this long-time UFO, it wasn't difficult to sit down and knit at least two rows a day. I bound off the last stitch on Thanksgiving just as the sun was setting. 

off the needles and in need of a good blocking 
November 2020

It doesn't look like much on the hanger, but once it's blocked, I think it will be a beauty. I plan to take it to the LYS to be blocked because I don't have a area large enough to do an adequate job. 

Pattern:  EZ 100th Anniversary Pi Shawl: Camping (half circle version). free pattern on Ravelry

Needles: US size 8

Yarn: Heritage 150 Sock Yarn (Cascade Yarn)  Color: 5631



Comments

  1. A masterpiece! So glad you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful now - it's going to be stunning when blocked

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lace is beautiful even before blocking, but yes - it will be stunning and elegant after blocking. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!! It's a beauty. I love that pattern. It's been in my queue since I made her full pi many years ago. I even have the yarn ready to go but life keeps getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it is a beauty! I had to buy a second set of blocking mats to block my shawls.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nancy! It is beautiful already, I can only imagine how it will look after blocking. I have never made a Pi shawl before but this makes me want to try. I'm really looking forward to seeing it again when you get it back from the yarn store. How nice that they provide that service. I don't have much room for blocking anymore either!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long has it been waiting longingly for you to complete? It's a beauty alright, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, it will be a beauty alright. It already is. Smart to have someone else block it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty Nancy!! Gorgeous finish. I never thought of having a yarn shop do blocking for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful Nancy. Congrats on finishing a UFO. I should pull out one of my knitting UFOs and promise to do 1 or 2 rows a day. Or just skip the front and work on the back that is just plain knitting instead of color changes....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Fantastic! I can't wait to see it after blocking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.