Sneak Peek . . .

fabric all prepped
July 2020

Jean F. sent an Army panel in the box I received last week.  Not all Quilts of Valor are red, white, and blue; some are branch specific, and this will be the first one that I've made. 

My stash didn't have any fabrics that would work with the camouflage print, so I made a quick visit to the quilt shop and found three that will work to enhance the panel. I'm using one of the patterns that Jean included in the box, so this one can be sewn together quickly. 


Comments

  1. OOoo that one will be very pretty! Great fabric choices to accentuate the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fabric choices. Looking forward to seeing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my attention - can't wait to see the results. You have a good eye for colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and gold is ALWAYS a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be so cool! My SIL was in the Marines and his mom made him a Marine themed quilt when he got home from Iraq.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you know what Nancy? Now you have five others to make! Navy, Air Force, Marine , Coast Guard, National Guard! IM teasing you. You give so much of yourself to these amazing quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful fabrics. My BIL would have loved one of those if he were still alive. He was an army veteran. Bless you for making these Nancy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really interesting. This is such a wonderful thing you do. I have a co-worker who's about 40 and a former Marine. He is such a sweetheart. I can't imagine him in Boot Camp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see this one! Nice bit of a challenge for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.