Blessings Abound

fabric and yarn from Sue
July 2020

I received an unexpected package of goodies from Sue, a friend and former coworker. Inside the box, I found pillow panels, yardage, dryer balls, and three cakes of yarn. I'll use the panels to make some community quilts either for hospice or for the Prayers and Squares group. 

In the enclosed letter, Sue said that she has worked hard to eliminate her yarn stash or acrylic, cotton and wool. She made 11 wheelchair; shoulder shawls with the acrylic and made hot pads with the cotton yarn. The three green yarn cakes in the photo were the end of her wool stash. Sue said the wool was too thin for her to crochet, and she didn't want to double it. I've got some ideas percolating for the yarn, but I'll probably wait until Fall before I settle on a project. 

Thanks for the goodies, Sue, but most of all thanks for the newsy letter that was also in the box. 

Comments

  1. How thoughtful of her and how great she knew who would put it to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your e-mail. Playing it by ear if we'll be down your way for the poker run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous gift from a friend. Obviously Sue knew just who to send the goodies to.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise. And, isn't a nice, newsy letter from a friend just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shared blessings are the best. Both of you share projects that are blessings to many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't THAT a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely parcel full of goodies, how wonderful! Plenty of things for you to think about and come up with wonderful ideas, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that so wonderful! How generous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect way to say she cares for you! What a great surprise package and note!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh How lovely. The deer quilt is so serene. All that yarn re homed. Hooray

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun. I should start getting rid of my stuff but then a week later I would think of how to use it or need to look something up in a book I got rid of. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the panels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.