Knitting Hang-ups

hanging kitchen towels and dishcloths
June 2020


Marilyn brought several balls of Sugar and Cream cotton when she visited a couple of weeks ago. I decided to knit some kitchen towels and dishcloth sets. 

The darker sets were knit with Desert Rising - two dishcloths from one ball and two towels with one ball each. Scraps were used for the hanging tab. 

The lighter set was knit with Guacamole - two dishcloths from one ball and the towel from an additional ball. Again, scraps were used for the hanging tab. 

I sewed buttons on the three towels before packing them for mailing. The towel sets should be at their new homes next week. 

The towel pattern is available on Ravelry - Leftover Dishtowel by Stephanie Haberman

Comments

  1. You've been busy and those turned out really nice Nancy! I have a bunch of sugar & cream and really should make some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. I know whoever gets them will love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great and I know they will be much appreciated. They do come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought to make hanging towels. How are they for drying hands vs regular towels? Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely gifts! And the name guacamole is perfect for that green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're getting things done. Guacamole looks pretty much like your towel but it needs just a little red in it like the tomatoes in real Gauc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thoughtful gift! Very nice set to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think dish cloths and towels are such wonderful gifts for someone who's gonna have a new kitchen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.