Patched Stars

Patched Stars
58 x 72 inches
Quilt of Valor # 168
Patched Stars is the third quilt I finished during the quilting retreat at Marilyn's.

I had no idea that all the four patches I made in my chain-sewing frenzy would result in FOUR Quilts of Valor:

     Sixteen Patch Stars
     Bubble Stars
     Scrappy Stars
     Patched Stars

Thirty-four of the four-patches were not used and were returned to the scrap bin to become "seed" for future quilts.

Update: January 2022


Patched Stars was presented to a veteran (front row, second from the left) in Lander, WY


Comments

  1. Amazing! And so pretty! Those seeds will soon become something more I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!!! Four?? And they are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo for all of the work accomplished-they will be so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! Such a wonderful accomplishment. I have truly enjoyed seeing each of one these gorgeous quilts. Something about those 4 patches that I really like. And you have more!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four patches are the best little building block!
    I've already decided this will be my next L&E project after the geese are done. That's going to be a while though - I'm making A LOT of geese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is another lovely quilt. Are those green star points? I just found a pattern for that block that I got from QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have been so productive. Another very pretty finish Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it as will its recipient. My sister just got back from WY where they attended a 50th anniversary celebration. I don't know how close she was to your area though. Keep up your great quilting work for this awesome cause. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little four patches turned into big grown up sixteens really do add oomph to your star blocks. I'm sure you have inspired many of your readers to stitch up own own supply for future use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.