Orphan Block Adoption

sample blocks donated by Marty S.
October 2019
Marty S. from TN contacted me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I could use some star blocks that her mother had made. She had fifteen of the large blocks and 24 of the smaller stars. I gladly accepted Marty's offer and look forward to turning them into a Quilt of Valor.

When the blocks arrived, I gently hand washed them, gave them a good press, and then squared the big blocks to 12.5 inches and the small stars to 6.5 inches.

While squaring the blocks, I came up with an idea and look forward to creating a QOV with Marty's mother's blocks.

Comments

  1. Very pretty blue blocks. I can't wait to see what you do with them. Can't you just imagine how thrilled her mother would be to see the blocks finally becoming a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! Those are very pretty and I know you will make a masterpiece of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful blocks!!! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a wonderful gift of squares. That was so nice of Marty to donate them for a Quit of Valor. I know you will turn them into something stunning.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such interesting blue stars-you will do them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good of coming up with great ideas! So I will be watching and waiting along with everyone else to see what you do with the lovely donated blocks.



    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice squares! I am certain you will make a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.