Successful Retreat

proof of a successful quilting retreat
September 2019
From the posts this week, you can see that the last week of September was spent at Marilyn's house. We sewed nearly every day: our sewing machines were humming, and we had a good time. Her husband prepared most of our meals, which allowed us to sew even more.

In the evening, we worked on other projects: Marilyn cross-stitched and I knit. We also took a couple of evenings off to play bingo and to attend a musical production, and we played games.

Marilyn finished one quilt and started two others during the retreat. It's great to share a quilting passion with my sister.

Comments

  1. Beautiful work by the two of you. I know those quilts will be very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my golly, how lovely they all are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful time - and obviously you got a LOT accomplished, along with the fun. They are all just lovely and will sure be appreciated by a veteran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I love how even her husband "helped" with the quilts by cooking for the two of you. It sounds like a wonderful week for you both with other activities to break up the quilting sessions. So much fun! There is nothing like a sister is there? I sure love mine.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been such fun! So cool too that your BIL cooked for you two. A productive, but fun time - NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow and to have a cook too! You lucky gals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is a perfect retreat! And the results are proof of your diligence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sisters can be so precious to us! My sister would probably paint, while I knit! love your quilts Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect week to me and so nice that neither of you had to cook. Sure looks like you accomplished a lot while having fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had fun and got a ton of sewing done. It’s fun to see all the tops laid out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.