Waiting and Knitting

scrappy Sockhead Cowl
October 2019
Last week, I spent some time in automotive shops, and my knitting bag went with me. One day, the oil in the car was changed and the car was inspected for the winter. Another day, new tires and an alignment allowed me to get a lot of knitting done.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the other individuals (young and old) in the waiting areas with me  amused themselves with their phone, laptop, and tablets. The yarn slid through my fingers and the striped rows were quickly added to the cowl. Every knitter knows that waiting and knitting go well together.

The body of this Sockhead Cowl consists of four rubber-ball sized remnants of sock yarn. The brown ribbing is an odd skein of sock yarn (Root Beer) that I found in my stash.

Comments

  1. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in a waiting room doing anything other than looking at phone/laptop/tablet. I'd MUCH rather be knitting.

    Looks like you put your time to beautiful use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a boss several years ago who knitted while sitting at conferences. She said it helped her focus on the speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree waiting and knitting is the best. It was the only way I survived those long lonely hospital stays at Dad's bedside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I aways have knitting with me just for times like this. I can't stand to just sit and do nothing. Great progress on the new cowl.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not knit because I am patient, I am patient because I knit! Knitting is the best time killer because you get something out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evidently I missed an opportunity to knit a few weeks ago. I was reading on my Kindle as I waited for my car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting time and knitting work for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are putting those colors together in an amazing beautiful way!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't bear to waste time on my phone when I could be knitting!!
    Your new sock-scraps cowl is very pretty! Good use of your time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always take my crochet bag with me...soon I will switch it out for knitting socks:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.