Dwight's "Kitchen"

Justin W., Harold and Dwight M.
Grand Lake, CO
July 2019
The house we rented had a "cadillac" fire pit, and my nephew Dwight used it to prepare special meals and treats in his Dutch ovens. We also gathered there in the evening to enjoy s'mores.

Want to see one of his creations?
a giant cinnamon roll in a Dutch oven
before baking
half with nuts and half without nuts
a giant cinnamon roll in a Dutch oven
after baking
Stephanie W. adds icing to the cinnamon roll
baked in the Dutch oven
giant cinnamon roll ready for slicing
delicious!
Dwight planned all the menus for our stay. Dwight, his wife and daughter prepared nearly all the meals.


Comments

  1. Yum! I'm so impressed! Fun, but hat's a lot of work! Tell him he's hired. I've got three days left to cook. Fire pit is ready and waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dutch oven meals that have been cooked in a fire pit - DELICIOUS!! Sounds like you had a great time Nancy! (I enjoyed yesterday's post too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is awesome! Am sure the food was delicious and look at those boulders….

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good golly!!!! That bun is just the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! DH just discovered making bread in dutch ovens and it is so, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - baking in dutch ovens is always impressive to me. That giant cinnamon roll looks so scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you think Dwight and his family would like to come live with me? That cinnamon roll looks amazing. He even thought about the nuts!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks yummy. I'll take mine with nuts please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THAT looks delicious. Nuts for me too, please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mouth is watering! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow maybe he will share his recipe for that yummy looking roll! :) I am so happy you got some good family time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my! I need a nephew like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.