Dawn's Early Light. . .

image from County 10
by Mike Clingman
U.S.A. National Anthem
Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Happy Independence Day!


Comments

  1. Happy 4th!
    It's gonna be a hot one here in the capitol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture...Happy Independence day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect photo! Thank you. Wishing you a wonderful 4th of July celebration!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful photo! Happy July 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great image and song to have stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Independence Day!
    I did my favorite patriotic thing this morning and listened to the NPR staff read the Declaration. They really bring it to life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful photo. Happy 4th July to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good day with your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little late, but happy red, white, and blue day to you, Nancy! I love these beautiful words for a beautiful country we are blessed to live in! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely NANCY!

    I have a new survey up if you like to take them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.