Starting a New Project

auditioning fabric for a new quilt
August 2022

Connie H (Far Side) sent me panels and fabric in February to make some Quilts of Valor. I've been kicking around some ideas for the panels, and finally settled on a plan. Actually, I'm going to try and make two similar QOV at the same time with two different panels: it may be a crazy idea, but then it might actually work. 

I pulled fabric for the two quilts and asked my niece for her opinion. We both agreed that the beige fabric (third from the right) did nothing for the other fabrics, so it was eliminated from the group. 

Life has been crazy the last few days, so it may be a bit before I actually start the quilts. 

Comments

  1. I have fabric pulled as well to go with the panel sent by Connie. I still need to figure out some final math before cutting into it. Can't wait to see what you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing fabrics is one of my favourite parts of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's always the fun part. I'm doing that now for placemats and it's great going through the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certain what ever you pick will be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see these next ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you will manage admirably making two quilt tops at the same time. I often do that with my donation quilts and it generally works out well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I like them. Are they full size panels? I like the white better than the beige too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they are the size of a pillow - about 16 inches square.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.