Julie’s Gems

Julie's Gems
60 x 68 inches
Quilt of Valor #222

This quilt went together so easily that it was just meant to be. Julie sent the pieces to make the light blue stars, and the dark blue came from my stash. Last week, I posted about the need to make a franken block from the extra squares that Julie had sent. That block is shown below. 

Since the light blue fabric is so busy, I don’t think the franken block will be that noticeable in the quilted top. 

franken block

Admit it, you scrolled back to the photo of the quilt to search for the franken block.  Hint: it’s the last star on the right in the third row from the bottom. 

Thank you, Julie for inspiring this Quilt of Valor. 

Comments

  1. yup, I looked but couldn't find it--this is a great looking top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Frankenblock will be impossible to see once quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked but don't think I see it, anyhow the quilt it beautiful and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - I started to scroll back and then thought why bother? I knew I wouldn't see it. That quilt came together so nicely Nancy - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classically beautiful. The Franken block fit in just perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's spectacular! I'd have a hard time giving that one away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice quilt! I did scroll back and couldn't find it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH wow!! YOU truly made something beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure did. I thought it was fourth row, second from the left. So, yeah, no one is going to be noticing Frankenstein block.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.