Julie's Gems

adopting Julie's orphan project
July 2022

Julie (JulieKQuilts) offered a few orphan projects to her blog readers, and I opted to adopt a set of blue stars that needed to a be completed. Julie did a lion's share of the work on this project by cutting all the pieces. They were even divided into individual groups. 

In addition to the stars, Julie sent a bundle of star-studded fabric. 


I'll add some additional blocks (possibly red stars) to Julie's twenty, blue stars (eight inches finished) to make a Quilt of Valor.

Thanks, Julie for sharing these orphan star project with me. 


Comments

  1. The pyramid shapes are a unique take on stars. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the addition of some red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These will be a wonderful start to a QOV, and I can definitely picture some red stars added to the mix. Or maybe dark blue stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! You know I love a good star block

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely star blocks (like Dee, I think the pyramids are an interesting take on that). And the star fabric is fun too!! You will be making a lovely QOV Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH how cool that you are able to use these!!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I've just come from the beach and that blue fabric looks like shark's teeth to me. Maybe because Alexa just announced it's shark week when I asked her about the weather and I've got them on my mind today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How kind, Julie's blue stars will go nicely with some extra red ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric of the finished star is amazing!!!! What fun to work with these blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.