Queue Finish — #2 & 3

seaming shoulders on BSJ
July 2022

Nothing motivates more than a publicly declared goal.  These two projects (Baby Surprise Jackets) we’re neglected in a bin for years, needing only minor effort to bring them to completion. 

It took less than 15 minutes to seam the shoulders together on the brown sweater. That finished, I was able to pick up stitches at the neckline for the small collar. Knitting the collar and weaving in the ends was completed in short order.

adding collar to BSJ

All that remained to be done for both Baby Surprise Jackets was selecting and sewing on buttons. 

Baby Surprise Jackets - complete with buttons
July 2022

The sweaters are finally finished and off the “To Finish” list. Obviously, I prefer knitting projects like the BSJ rather than completing the “finishing” tasks. 




Comments

  1. How adorable! I bought the DVD instructions to make one of those for the Grands and I never did. I never thought they were very cute until I saw yours. They really are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I don't know why I quit so close to the finish line on projects like this, too. Glad you finally accomplished the goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little jackets are so cute! You're so right about publicly stated goals being a great motivator. For me, it does help to put them on my blog where I can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turned out so cute!!! I love the subtle striping on the brown sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look perfect! You know... I still haven't woven the ends in on my Hemlock. I've used it several times but the ends are still hanging loose! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! That's a fun pattern, isn't it? Did you add the collar? I don't remember that part, and it looks great. Some lucky babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never made this pattern although I've heard a lot about it. Making a public statement does change things doesn't it? Both sweaters are lovely and will be much loved by the recipients.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finishing seems to be a drag for a lot of us! Your BSJs turned out so nice Nancy. I'd love to knit one of those some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! Good finish! I am sure I could make a public list... BUT then I would have to finish something!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.