Laradise Lane

Waiting Room Spectacles
painted by Favian Hernandez
north wall of Laramie Vision Clinic
South Second Street, Laramie, WY
August 2022
This new mural is in an area called Laradise Lane on South Second Street. This open area between two buildings was created when a fire destroyed the building that stood there. The space contains picnic tables (many with umbrellas), large outdoor games (Connect Four and Jenga), and large wooden planters with flowers that separate the area into private spaces. 


The mural was commissioned by Laramie Eye Clinic (whose building on which the mural is painted) and the Laramie Public Art Coalition.

Comments

  1. THAT is adorable. What a lovely public space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the glasses! The artist had a "vision"! I like public spaces like that where you can sit a bit, perfect spot to sit with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to convert that empty space and encourage folks to hang out longer. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just hilarious-and reminds me that I am way overdue for some new glasses myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's almost a case of "Here's looking at you, kid". Great public artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun spot to take the kids after an eye exam! Your town is so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.