Cramped Quarters

May 2020 ~ September 2021

It took nearly over two hours to twine the last two inches of the rug because of the cramped quarters. (Normally, I can twine four/five inches in a hour) As the working space got smaller and smaller progress slowed to a crawl.

I work until I can’t get my fingers around the warp fabric and then I use two Aunt Philly’s needles - one for each weft fabric. I work until the warp is covered and then I add one more row for good measure. 

The rug is finished and off of the frame - 16 months after it was started

Comments

  1. That is such an interesting process. Beautiful rug! My mom always had rugs like this when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd heard that the last big is hard no matter if you end at an edge or do it in the middle! lol
    Good job and that is not too long for such a project! You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Beautiful rug and well worth the time it took...I think! :-) Thanks for sharing the process with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful! Cross a project off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a work of art!!!! It will bring joy where ever it is used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job pulling out that UFO and getting it done. And think about using up all that fabric! Can you use wof leftovers or do you cut the fabric from specific pieces. None the less I’m proud of you for finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a joy! I love your rug - happy colors. I think rugs like this wear so well. Will you be using it or giving it to someone?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you! Your rug is a treasure and harks back to earlier times, doesn't it. I seem to remember that you were taught this craft by family members quite some time ago?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.