Mama Mimi

interactive art by Thomas Dambo
Rendezvous Park
Wilson, Wyoming
2021

I have not see this amazing work of art and “borrowed” the photos from social media. The sculpture was made from recycled pallets, and driftwood. 

The artist is from Copenhagen and has created wooden trolls around the world. This sculpture is his 80th troll creation and is named, Mama Mimi. Her face and feet were constructed in Dambo's Denmark studio and her hair is made entirely of driftwood roots Dambo and his crew found washed up on the banks of the Snake River. Instantly charmed by the gnarled wood, Dambo said it gives Mimi a bit of an ’80s vibe.  ~ jhnewsguide.com

artist, Thomas Dambo
and Mama Mimi

The sculpture serves as a bridge to a small island and will captive visitors to the park for several years. 



A trip to northwestern Wyoming should definitely include a stop at Rendezvous Park to see Mama Mimi in person.

Sara sent me a link to the other Trolls that Thomas Dambo has created around the world.

Comments

  1. What an interesting sculpture - love the hair!! I would really enjoy seeing this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How talented and creative this is. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I would enjoy seeing it in person. Can you imagine being surprised by this in the dark woods at night?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had just seen a photo of another one of his trolls - so amazing! That has to be a thrill to be hiking and come upon something like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How ambitious a work of art this is--(considering it will be walked on !) but what a delight to see it and know it is here and not in Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can amazing artist. Thanks for the link, Aussies will love the kangaroo version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness! That is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have visited Mama Mimi for the last several years when I've visited Jackson Hole. She's even better in person!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.