Sockhead Cowl

Sockhead Cowl
February 2019
Vera recently finished the Sockhead Cowl, and from her photos, I knew I had to knit the pattern. It's an easy project and is excellent for TV knitting.  My cowl is going to be shorter than the pattern, but I used a larger needle. It is presently 12 inches long, and I've just started the top ribbing: the finished cowl will be approximately 16 inches long.

Pattern: Sockhead Cowl by Kelly McClure (free Ravelry pattern)

Needles: US size 6

Yarn: Nordlys by Viking of Norway (color #934)
           75% super wash wool, 25% nylon


Comments

  1. Fabulous yarn for a Sockhead Cowl! If I make another one, I'll be making it a bit shorter than the one I finished. It is such an easy fun knit, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice yarn - perfect for a nice, simple cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow....that's just spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Lovely Nancy! It looks very soft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made the Sockhead Hat. I didn't know that there was a matching cowl. I must try this. Thanks for your post. I would love to see it when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! ALL THAT RIBBING!!! LOL

    It looks beautiful though and you're more than 1/2 way done. So good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! I love how versatile sock yarn is-it's beautiful fabric from #1 needles or #3 for hats or #6 for cowls (or sweaters) and #7/8 for shawls! Great knitting project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I think I need to make one too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.