Lost and Found

shipping record for the "lost" packages
Early February, I sent three Quilts of Valor to Cheryl B., a volunteer longarm quilter in Elk Mountain, WY. She packaged the finished quilts and sent them back to me on February 12. A winter storm hit the area and high winds and accidents closed sections of Interstate 80 for a couple of days. It was at that point that the whereabouts of the packages was unknown: the most information I could get was that the packages were "In Transit." (I later learned that the "In Transit" notification is sent automatically by a computer after a specified period of time.) I knew there was a problem because typically the notifications give the site where the package was scanned.

Elk Mountain is about 61 miles from Laramie, so I wasn't too worried that the quilts would be permanently lost. After a week of no specific information via the tracking number, I went to the post office and asked the clerk if she was able to give me some idea where the packages were. She could not get any additional information, and filed a trace. When I got home, I also completed an online form about the missing packages, as did Cheryl.

Four days later, I received text and email notifications that the packages would be delivered with my mail. Saturday afternoon, the three Quilts of Valor were delivered to my front door - the lost was found, and I was relieved and thrilled.
two well-traveled packages - containing three Quilts of Valor
February 2019
These well-travelled quilts will be trimmed, labeled, and bound and then sent to Montana for distribution. I hope they don't get sidetracked again. . .




Comments

  1. Glad they weren't *forever* gone. They just had a little exploration time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Goodness!!! I would have been panicked for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow....that would have been heartbreaking. I'm glad you had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! I'm glad the lost packages found their way back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad story with a happy ending. I don't mail many quilts but when I do I am nervous until I hear they have arrived! Glad to hear all was well. Hum, Montana -- it is driving me crazy as I try to do some genealogy research on my grandfather who was born there. Ah well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy ending!
    Mom and Dad both work for the Canadian Post office and say sometimes parcels get put in the wrong bin and then forgot about. It's frustrating, but at least they can be found!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Losing a quilt in the mail would break my heart. I always worry when I mail them, which isn't often. Go they were found.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I’m so glad they were found. I made a blanket and mailed it one time and it never did reach it’s destination. It’s heartbreaking because of the time and love you put into making something by hand. I’m so glad it ended up happily. Our interstates have been closed for up to a week at a time over the past couple months. We’re having avalanches on a regular basis out here, so they close the interstate for avalanche control even when there’s not an actual avalanche! Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so pleased they were not lost forever and finally made their way back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im thrilled for yoU!!!!!! It was a rough mail year for me as you know in 2018

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad there is a happy ending to this fairy tale!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a relief! I also thought to myself 'oh I hope Kathy B skips this post'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.