Finishing Touches

adding a collar to the Baby Surprise Jacket
November 2018

Last week, I seamed the shoulders of the Baby Surprise Jacket (BSJ) and picked up stitches to add a collar. The directions for adding a collar can be found in this earlier post.

finished Baby Surprise Jacket
buttons will be added later
I've knit over ten BSJs since I purchased the pattern several years ago. I prefer to add a collar to the sweater if I have enough yarn.
3 grams remaining
After the collar was added, I had 3 grams of yarn remaining - not quite a case of "yarn chicken" but pretty darn close. 

I'll search for some appropriate buttons in the button jar. Hopefully, I can get to that soon, so I can find a recipient for this little jacket. 


Comments

  1. I do love the baby surprise jacket and the collar just finishes it off. It’s my favorite color too! Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those cute little jackets!! Perfect pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very sweet little sweater. And such a yummy color too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cutting it close. LOL Such a pretty little BSJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky baby! The color is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty little jacket, is it knitted in garter stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just adorable. I like the idea of a color too. It really finishes it off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to add a collar to the Baby Surprise. It adds a lot. Love that color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some baby somewhere will be toasty warm:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the added collar! I have knit plenty of these sweaters, adding cuffs on some but on most leaving them in the original pattern state but I will use a collar on the next one! Great job on this sweater! (is it worsted weight yarn?!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.