Ritzy Cracker Blocks

scraps cut and ready to sew into a block
October 2018
Sara (My Sewing Room) has been making Ritzy Cracker blocks for several months, and I loved them more as her pile of blocks grew. Sara made her blocks with 5" squares of fabric, but I had a pile of 4.5" squares cut from fabric scraps. I decided to make some of the blocks - oh my, this block is definitely a "potato chip" project, as it's hard to stop making the blocks.

prototype block made with two 4.5' scrap squares

I made a prototype block with two 4.5' squares: the squared block is 7" which will finish at 6.5" in a quilt. For an adequate sized Quilt of Valor, I will need 72 blocks.

Ritzy Cracker Quilt pattern can be found on Moda Bake Shop site.


Comments

  1. Such a funny name and for a minute I thought you had named your sewing room Sara LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny name for a quilt square. LOL

    The outcome sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I also thought you had named your sewing room Sara! So funny. What a pretty block. It does look like a lot of work, but such a great way to use up scraps. Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun block!! You do such pretty work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are quite addictive to make. And this reminds me that I still need to put mine together into a quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's my kind of piecing! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such fun!! And what a funny name too - I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is a different setting which will make a great quilt!
    Have fun with that pile of 'potato chips'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.