Presentation Cases

ten presentation cases
January 2016
Last week while cleaning my sewing room, I found some backing scraps. Usually these scraps are large enough to be used for pillowcase cuffs, so I searched my stash to find coordinating fabric for the body of the pillowcase. Who knows why I purchased the striped green fabric, but it is now out of my stash.

The nice thing about Quilt of Valor presentation cases is that they do not have to match the quilt, as their main purpose is to protect the quilt when in storage.

These ten cases used approximately 10 yards of fabric - a nice addition to my Slash the Stash challenge.

Comments

  1. Nice job of coordinating the colors on these presentation cases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillowcases are such a great idea for storage and for use after the quilt is presented. Whoever thought of this was genius. And WOW - you made 10 of them. I have about 4 new pillowcases cut and ready to sew, but haven't gotten back to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a wrinkle on them! They look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just 10, Nancy? Don't you think you're underachieving a bit there? I kid!! They are lovely, great combinations of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to have the pillowcases for storage! I had to laugh at your comment about the green fabric; well, at least you've put it to good use and out of your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stash is much better than mine. I really don't have all that many fabric pieces big enough to make pillowcases. Those I might have are kids prints. I keep thinking about making pillowcases to be given to sick kids but my first love is making the quilts. Decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your productivity amazes me. These presentation cases are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize that you made so many things. You are so talented! Are the pillowcases to put quilts in queen size or what size do you make them? Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.