Nymphladia Shawl #3


I enjoyed knitting the two Nymphalidea shawls for Brenda so much that I made one for myself. (aren't you impressed with my first attempt of taking a "selfie"? My arms were not long enough to take it without the help of a mirror) The multi-colored yarn was a skein that I picked up at Christy's house when she invited Guild members to help themselves to her samples. The Wildfire socks were knit from Christy's samples, too. 

Yarn:       Knit Picks Gloss (Black) 220 yards - 70% merino, 30% silk
                LANG Mille Colori Baby 207 yards - 100% merino

Needles: US size 6

Pattern: Nymphalidea (free on Ravelry OR  Knitty - Deep Fall 2013)

Brenda wearing Nymphladia #2
June 2015

Brenda wearing Nymphladia #1
June 2015



Comments

  1. Great job on the shawls and the selfie! Now that I think about it, I've never taken my own selfie, though I've been a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect for those transitional days into fall! Congrats on another beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors in yours the best. Just beautiful - and very nice selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nancy, I love both shawls! Silk divine! The color combinations are really lovely and your selfie is great. You look great in those colors. Excellent all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Nancy!! I love them too...echoing all the rest! Good to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lady and pretty shawl! I haven't figured out the selfie thing yet. I keep trying and all the pictures I take, even with a mirror, are wonky. On second thought, maybe it is just the subject that is a bit off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, that's a great selfie! Using the mirror is genius. I like the shawls so much! It's interesting how the different color choices provide such different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both are beautiful and look good on both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think both selfie and shawl turned out well. I wish I had gotten into the shawl knitting thing as it is cooler here than usual and I would love to have a shawl to wear at an event tomorrow. No way for me to knit one fast enough either. Will plow through drawers and see if I have something appropriate to wear. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful - you and the shawls! I admire your selfie skills too. I'm deep in baby knitting with no end in sight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.