Plain Brown Wrapper

Plain Brown Wrapper
60 x 72 inches
Quilt of Valor #218

It’s been a long time since I’ve made a QOV from colors that aren’t red, white, and blue, so I thought I’d shake things up a bit. 

Mary’s “L-block Charms” pattern was used as a loose guide and the block arrangement was altered so the charms were aligned in wonky diagonal rows. To make the quilt wider, I made nine more blocks for a seventh vertical row. A 2-inch (finished) light tan frame was sewn around the blocks as well as a 7.5 inch (7 inch finished) outer border. 

I plan to use some red and blue charms to make a more patriotic version of this quilt sometime this summer. 

Comments

  1. A fun pattern and I like seeing the other colors for a change. The fabrics are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A interesting pattern and I am anxious to see it in the red, white and blue colors next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice design! I do like the red white and blue for Quilts of valor but I am thinking army brown wrapper is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out great and the name is ideal. The color combo works really well, but of course it would look great in red, white, and blue too. Some recipients might prefer these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It did turn out great and that name is perfect for it. I like the red, white and blue for the QOV's but I'm sure plenty of people appreciate the other colors too.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an interesting quilt! I bet it will look fabulous in red, white, and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on this top! The colors are very pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really nice use of charm squares!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m sure veterans will love any color quilts… I’ve got some ideas for future veteran quilts but I’m focusing on r,w,b but scrap quilts to use a multitude of fabrics. On the other hand I should quilt a few I have tops already done! L Block chain is a very nice quilt…I actually like yours better than Mary's. Although I can’t figure out why.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.