Exhaling Dissolution

Exhaling Dissolution (2010)
by Sarah Deppe 
Laramie, WY

This large head (constructed of cottonwood bark, steel rods and wire mesh) is located on the Snowy Range Road on the west side of Laramie. The piece is part of the Snowy Range Rotating Sculpture Program and will be in place for five years. 


The sculpture is quite large, sits on an elevated pad, and is well lighted at night. 

Honestly, this is not on my list of favorite art in the community, but it makes a statement and is a good landmark. 

Comments

  1. But it is very interesting to see. Not sure I understand the title and meaning however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly...that is scary. We have several things like that sitting near the bay that are made out of driftwood and they creep me out. They look like skeletons to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it would be my favorite either. It's terrifying. You sure have some interestig sculptures Nancy. I can see why this one would be "not your favorie.'"
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative. It looks like you can see this from quite a distance. I wonder how long it took to make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe not my favorite you've shown, but it is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, I 1ove it!!!!! Wood is not easy to create things with in scu1pture. Im g1ad it is 1it at night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting. I love how the city has a rotating series of art. I don’t think we have any - at least not that I know of. B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm..... I’m not an art connoisseur... but at least I know it’s a head...there are times I see art and have no idea! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very unusual - but so cool that they rotate the art

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.