Winter Mystery QAL - Completed

Winter Mystery QAL
60 x 72 inches
Quilt of Valor #171
The final clue for the mystery QAL was released on Wednesday and looked like this . . .

final clue to the Winter Mystery QAL
The final design didn't appeal to me, so I began playing around with the blocks in the middle section.
an layout idea that I considered
Even though I liked this layout better, it still was not pleasing to my eye: it looked disjointed.

When I saw Cindy's photo, I knew that was how I would sew the blocks together. This was a fun and quick mystery.


Comments

  1. Very pretty, I love the layout you decided on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job and I like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like YOUR layout even more than the original. Great job! I may copy your layout when I get this ready to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out beautifully. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and your layout is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! I hope to see mine together at quilt group today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS-it's been wonderful to have you as a quilting buddy through this mystery QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - I like yours and Cindy's much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. You two nailed it! You make a great designing team.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a good eye. I agree with the others...yours looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your version looks wonderful, sometimes things just jar so you will be much happier now you have changed the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! The design you ended up with turned out much better.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all the layouts but I am a sucker for the one you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely like the way you sewed it together. Looks great. Must go save the rest of the steps. This looks like a good, easy top to make. Thanks for telling me about it (when you started it weeks ago!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.