Empty Needles

three sets of empty needles and three pair of finished socks
August 2019
My summer knitting from the sock yarn stash has resulted in five pair of finished socks. My sock needles are now all empty and ready for new projects. The socks in the photo were started in June and finished in mid-August. Other socks finished this summer were: the pair I used as a teaching tool for Carol, and the Sparkler Stripe socks.

In addition to the completed socks, the infinity scarf/cowl eliminated another skein of sock yarn from the stash.

I started another garter-stitch scarf with a skein of Noro sock yarn. I'm adding some random rows of eyelet lace to this scarf.

Because sock knitting always results in scrap yarn, I have plans to knit some short-cuffed socks with the small balls of scrap yarn.

My sock needles will not remain empty for too long: I'm on a mission to knit down my stash and my scraps.


Comments

  1. Woo hoo!!!!! Congrats on the big finish! I need to get going on my last WIPs. I like to give them away when the family is all together and I think that might be Thanksgiving this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful ambition--knitting down the stash!
    You did have good knitting summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great ending for left over yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a great job of knitting down your stash! Congratulations. I seem to keep adding to mine...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an inspiration I still have two sets of socks on four sets of needles, but I am making progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't NEED a sock knitting machine. You ARE a sock knitting machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only yarn I have really purchased in the past few months has been sock yarn for Christmas gifts. I'm trying to knit/crochet from stash as much as possible too in case we move in the next few years. Great job on the socks!
    BLessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Empty needles must give you a good feeling of accomplishment. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely woolly socks you are a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea for getting your socks on and off your needles so fast. I won’t admit how long it takes me to knit a pair. Right now I’m working on a purple cardigan for my youngest granddaughter. It’ll probably be a Christmas present — but only if I get back to knitting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That's a lot of socks! Love the Sparkler Stripes - so patriotic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.