Keeping It Real - part II

my cutting table somewhere under these piles
Last week, I shared a "keeping it real" view of how my sewing projects can take over more than one room in my apartment. Today, I'm almost embarrassed to show the piles of stuff on my cutting table. This clearly shows why my sewing mojo sometimes stalls for weeks/months.

The table is a handy place for "stuff" like works in progress, fabric scraps that need cut or put away, patterns, plans, and anything that needs a temporary semi-permanent home.

Presently, there is so much stuff on the table that the cutting mat is completely obscured. Rather than putting things away, I've been using a smaller cutting mat on my pressing board to cut fabric and to square blocks. Clearly, this is NOT the ideal solution to the piles on the cutting table.

One of my goals for this week is to put the things on this table in their proper place.


Comments

  1. LOL - it still looks pretty neat to me. But, I know what you mean. it seems as though any flat surface in my house attracts piles of "stuff." And eventually the piles need to be dealt with - NOT fun! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Vera said! My first thought was ........doesn't look so bad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least your mess is an organized mess! Mine is always so messy! I have bought a lot of storage to try to combat my piles. So they're organized at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is funny how things can pile up. Hard to manage to keep a perfectly good table clear when it is so handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just so easy for us to let things pile up. My cutting table was clean at the beginning of the summer and now it's a mess again. And I tend to put things on the floor too, and those piles have not shrunk over the summer either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cutting table is also my day job desk so I HAVE to keep it clean. As soon as I'm done cutting, it all gets squared away. Otherwise, it would be piled with projects and who knows what else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think every home has at least one of these places. At our house it's the kitchen island and the office desk. I have to declutter them at least once a day. They are definitely catch all spaces. Yours looks pretty organized though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy you seem a very organized crafter. I know you will wrangle it all to neat piles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. That's pretty much what happens when you get more than one project going at a time. Since I redid my space I've been trying hard to keep in organized. I am losing the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time to buy a set of wall shelves to place above the cutting table so you will not have that blockade to creativity! You could put one up on the wall quite easily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, it’s so easy to slip into this state. No doubt you will have it sorted in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My desk is the same way...one project at a time:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.