Fore!

the prototype
July 2019
The 54 inches of ribbing I mentioned in yesterday's post made the necks of six, golf club covers. Each cover required nine inches of ribbing, totaling 54 inches.
three completed golf club covers
August 2019
cover for the 9 iron
August 2019
The covers for the five, seven, and nine irons had the colors reversed. Brenda didn't want poms for the iron covers. I made the poms but didn't attach them, so she can add them later if she changes her mind. 

I'm not a golfer, but it was fun to shake up my knitting for a couple of weeks.
complete set of club covers for Brenda
August 2019
Pattern:
    Handknit Golf Club Covers by Marni Reecer (free pattern on Ravelry)

Needles: US size 8

Yarn: Caron One Pound (16 ounces per skein)
     Espresso
     Off-White

Note: I used approximately 8 ounces of each color to knit the covers and to make the pom poms. The stitch count for the driver cover (white with one large stripe) was increased because Brenda's driver was large.

Comments

  1. I *should* have guessed that .............LOL I live with a golfer. Now I need to ask him if he'd like some of those. Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I'm not a golfer either, but these are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classy looking! They had a vintage feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have guessed that!
    They look great though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! What a cool knitting project! You outdid yourself!
    And gave us all a smile! (my dh has asked for some of these-I should give it real consideration!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got me! I never, ever would have guessed golf club covers. :-) They turned out wonderfully. What a great idea.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are fun! I guess they serve a purpose too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that was a surprise, and no one had the correct answer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to show The Mister what you made. He's a golf nut but NO I am NOT knitting him any club covers, cute as they might be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh WOW. They are so nice looking!!!! FOUR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun! That was lots of rows of ribbing for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.