Stolen Ladies

by Nancy L
December 2016
Last week, the sewing group had a holiday party with a carry-in lunch and a gift exchange. The exchange was fun with a friendly chatter and a few gifts changing hands several times. To begin, we drew numbers; the first person selected a wrapped package and unwrapped it. The next person could "steal" the opened gift or select another wrapped package. If your gift was stolen, then you could steal another gift or pick an unwrapped gift. As more gifts were unwrapped, the stealing began in earnest, and gifts changed hands many times.


I am thrilled with my "stolen ladies" - a collection of five blocks, dyed by Nancy L. and made into a table runner.
table runner
The runner adds color to my sofa table by the garage door, and welcomes me into the house when I return. It makes me smile to see it there. 

"Stolen Ladies" runner
by my door
Thank you, Nancy L. for this gorgeous table runner! It's so beautiful, I don't know how you could bare to part with it.


Comments

  1. Oh I love that runner - so beautiful. Love the colors and what a perfect name: "Stolen Ladies." It looks perfect on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty!... Really like that table it's on too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why that would make you smile. What a pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous runner! That kind of gift exchange is always fun. I know a huge family who does that every year, except there is a cracked, chipped tea pot in the mix - and whoever ends up with the tea pot is in charge of planning for the next year. They have so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful runner. I'm sure it was stolen many a times. I can imagine having the same feelings you do walking in and seeing it "greet" me (darn, you!) every time I walked in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a stunning piece. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You came home with a great one. Glad you have been enjoying friends for the holidays Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful table runner. We do the same kind of gift exchange every year with our Bible study group. It's been a tradition for over 20 years now and it's always great fun with lots of laughter.
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those gift exchanges are the most fun! I love the colors in that runner:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.