Finding New Libraries

Free Little Library
E. Beaufort, Laramie, WY
May 2020
Friday afternoon, I took a drive in search of three Free Little Libraries that have recently been registered online.

Directions were sketchy on two of the locations, and one alluded me no matter how many times I drove by the address.

It is impossible to see the Free Little Library on Beaufort when driving West because it is tucked back behind a fence. Once, I reversed direction and drove East, it was clearly visible.


I love that the Beaufort library has a quilt block on its side.

Free Little Library
Little Moon Trail, Laramie, WY
May 2020
Google Maps helped me locate the second library South of Walmart in a new subdivision. The library was packed with books and provided COVID-19 precautions for users. I liked the dual chimneys on this library.

Since the public library has been closed since mid-March, I'm sure the little libraries have had a lot of visitors.

I'll try to find the third Free Little Library another day.


Several months ago, I saw this article about a guy who built a Stick Library for a dog park. The video at the bottom of the article is fun to watch.

Comments

  1. What fun to do some driving and exploring for the lending libraries! the dog's stick library is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they so cute!! What a fun outing you created for yourself and how about that dog stick library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The LFLs that you found are adorable. Hope you found something good to read.

    Love the stick library too. I have a little nephew-dog that would sure appreciate on of those. Chase LOVES his sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both little library boxes are so creatively designed. I noticed that quilt block right away. I may have to drive around and see if the one I knew about here is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video of the stick library we enjoyed it! You found some real cute little libraries:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your newly discovered libraries are so cute! And the stick library idea is GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little libraries are so cute. Ours is just a shelf outside a produce store and the books take a beating from the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stick library! I love it. My dog would love this, but probably balk at the return of the stick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh stick library ! SO COOL~!!! Must share with my sister and her doggies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our library has just opened up last week, which was exciting. Plenty of rules for our safety, contactless register for contact tracing, logged out again when leaving, plenty of hand sanitizer, and lots of space around to keep our distances. Having new books to read is very essential!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little libraries are so cute. The builders have definitely used their imaginations.
    The stick libray is perfect for a dog park. How cute is that? I can just imagine the fun that dogs have with it
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how creative the little library builders are. And it’s nice to see them full of books. Who would have thought of a stick library? Neat idea. Hope you are getting a lot of sewing and knitting time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.